My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Year Without - Day 19

Guess what! I got to sleep in until 7:30 again today! It felt AMAZING!!!

This morning CBS decided to bump Busytown Mysteries for a stupid basketball game. And I forgot to check http://titantv.com/ before turning on the TV. You cannot imagine the whining and wailing that ensued. From the almost-6-year-old! UUUUUGH!

Today we baked chocolate chip cookies. I didn't think we'd have all the right ingredients, but we found a simple kids-bake recipe in my Mrs. Fields Cookie Cookbook that worked well for us. We just substituted applesauce for the butter. They were a little mushy, but OOOOOH SO YUMMY!!!

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon talking to a financing guy at our insurance company's bank. Turns out, because I/we sign everything electronically, they didn't even need the POA I faxed them yesterday. He got me all set up for a loan, enough to finance the whole van including tax, etc. if I want to. Of course, I don't want to. I want them to give me a better-than-fair price for our 2 trades so I only have to finance about 40% of it. But that's probably too much to hope for.

This evening Kerry was babysitting 3 of the kids from MOPS, Katie's age and younger, so we all went over there for dinner and a big playdate. Benny & Katie spent at least the first half hour loving on the baby girl (I can't remember how old, maybe 6m?) and giving her kisses. It was so sweet, and made me feel much better about what life might be like after my "yellow baby. MEEE (the) baby!" becomes a middle child.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Girdle Girl said...

You can't beat a good old baking session with the kids - in my experience the one thing that gets them off the TV instantly!