My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Year Without - Day 18

This morning I didn't get to see hubby because his internet connection was terrible again. We ended up chatting with Skype text, because we never could get the video to work. Booooo! Seeing his smile is such a great start to my day. I really miss it when I don't get to see it.

I told him about phone I got for him when I got mine, and he wants to try it. I am having a difficult time figuring out if it will do him any good or not. This list seems to indicate that it won't work. But this map and this list seem to indicate that it will. As do the Verizon salesman who sold me the phone, and the customer service rep at the call center (who was brand new and had to have a 20 minute consultation with her manager while I was on hold to even figure out what I was asking her, to know how to answer me. Lovely use of my time, eh!) Anyway, he gets a comm stipend from his company that will help us pay for the $65/month global data service. And if it doesn't work out, we can always switch him back to the other phone. So there really is no reason not to try it.

I realized today that my car registration expired last month. And the grace period is up at the end of this month. Since I'm planning to get a minivan anyway, it only seems logical to me to go ahead and do it now, rather than pay to register a vehicle for a whole year that I might only keep for 2 or 3 months. So to get the ball rolling, I faxed the POA hubby left me to the 2 lenders in our banking/insurance companies that were advertising the best rates (3.99%), and talked with some of their loan officers. I also got quote on the insurance changes with another vehicle, and was pleasantly surprised that it will not be too much more expensive than what we already have.

The kids are so good at entertaining themselves these days. Usually they just play and watch movies in the basement while I am working on mail or whatever other mommy/household duties call. This morning was videos on the couch in PJs day. But this evening.... We had to have a ball. A "cat ball." Katie the dress-up queen wanted us all to dress up like cats and dance around the house. We never did get the ears made, but everyone (except mom, somehow) ended up with gold garland for a tail. It was pretty funny. She is so creative.

Unfortunately, that creativity can extend to danger and destruction when Mommy is otherwise occupied. While I was trying to talk to loan officers this evening, she and B dug into my serger drawer in the dining room, stole the thread to use it as kite string (they were watching the Little Einsteins Dragon Kite episode) and managed to wind it around the middle section of the house, twice, and around Katie at least 4 times. Thank Jesus she finally asked for help. I thought they were just chasing each other around as usual. Not with string. I had to cut her loose. And the house, too. I was pretty irate and yelly about the whole thing. The stress of everything is really getting to me. But in another week or two or ten I will hopefully laugh about the whole thing.

In case I haven't mentioned it, I am loving this phone! As soon as I can figure out a good task list to get on it, that will sync with something on my computer so I can access it either place, I will totally be in business. Meanwhile, it has been fun listening to instrumental Christmas music on Pandora while I am lying down with the little one. (And, I'll admit it, more often than not falling asleep when he does, too! I am totally sleeping for two these days!)

No comments: