My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Year Without - Day 10

It was a long night last night. Sam woke up at least twice during the night. And the B, who didn't nap yesterday until 4, and then didn't wake up from that nap, woke up at midnight demanding food. Somehow he managed to go back to sleep after I fed him an orange (at his request. Not my first choice for a midnight snack, for sure!). He woke up for good at 5:30. Or at least that's when he woke me up, complaining that it's "die-eek! Die-eek, Mama!" (dark)

I needed to run a thousand errands today. Get & deliver gifts for the girl whose name we picked off the giving tree at music class. Get Sammy's blood allergy test done (like 6 weeks overdue now), grocery shopping at 3 or 4 different stores, look for stuff to put in a care package for the Daddy, library... Whew! And on a normal day with kids, about 3 places is my limit. But when I have to stand out in the cold waiting for them to get situated so I can buckle their seat belts... 1 or 2 and I'm about done.

The Daddy was online for quite a bit this morning. It was so nice to chat with him, and I didn't want it to end. Yet every second that ticked by, I heard our chances of actually getting out the door to run the errands slip, slip, slipping away. After our nice long chat, which ended about 11, everyone needed lunch. By the time lunch was over, Mr. 5:30 a.m. was tired. By the time he woke up at 2:30, I pretty much gave up on running errands. I knew it would be at least 3:30 before we could even get out of the house, and would be dark before we finished even the second one. So I decided for my own sanity it would be better to try again tomorrow.

'Cause some days are just like that around here.

No comments: