My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prayer Request

I am so sad today to find out this news. Sharie was the little cousin of my best friend in elementary & jr. high school. Their family was like my other family, and even though I haven't been in touch with them for a while, they are still super-special to me, and my heart aches with grief for them. I was extra saddened when I read some of the details of the accident. Please pray for Sharie's family, husband, and especially her children.

2 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

So sad! There have been reports constantly looking for the driver.

I do NOT drink and drive, ever. That's the right thing to do. I hope someone else reads this and makes a change in their lives to stop drinking and driving. It's a crime, and more importantly, it has real life and death consequences.

She and her family are in my prayers.

Mathochist said...

That is my rule, too. I also don't get in a car with someone who's had more than 1 drink (and it must be at least an hour or 2 since). I have driven with drinks in my system exactly twice. Once at 19 (because I didn't know 5 hours of sleep after closing down Pat O's would leave one still intoxicated) and once 2 years ago, in a semi-emergency. (Babies melting down to the point of making themselves sick; I'd had 1.5 glasses of wine at the Christmas party and they hadn't served dinner yet.)

Aside from the obvious don't drink and drive, I hope this also inspires people to actually wear their seatbelts.

Thanks for the prayers!