My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby update and another grumpy rant

36w3d. Had a checkup yesterday. My belly measures right on target. All those contractions I had the last month or so (which mysteriously stopped this week) have done almost nothing to my cervix. It's still high and "maybe a fingertip." Baby boy's head is still "high" so it would not seem he is ready to come out this week.

Swelling lately has been only slight, if at all. Energy too, for that matter. I have the energy to accomplish about 1.5 things per day, and lately those have been errands. So my house looks like a tornado hit it. Make that two tornadoes. Preschooler tornadoes. I keep wishing some other adult in this house would take responsibility for helping pick up around here. Especially things I have already asked for help with a dozen+ times. Like carry the too-heavy-for-me-to-carry clean laundry baskets up the stairs. (Up stairs are not my friend right now, when I DON'T have to carry anything!) Or even just to put their own dirty dishes INTO the dishwasher. But that it obviously just a pipe dream. Somehow every time I get caught up, either I get sick, or someone else does and I have to nurse & cudlle them all day, and it gets right back to where it was. Or worse. I can't even keep up with the "dailies" much less get to the organizing. I had hoped to eat on my dining room table some time this calendar year, but obviously that is not going to happen. I wonder if I will ever see the top of it again? I had hoped to have giant pile of boxes that got moved from the garage to the new playroom out of the way before Sammy's birthday party on Sunday. Pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Sammy wants to play Azada now, so I must depart from the computer. Which is fine since I need to unload the dishwasher, reload the dishwasher, run the dishwasher, hand wash the wood stuff & knives, get the clean diapers out of the dryer & stuff them, rewash the clean clothes that have probably soured by now, then dry them, then wash another load, then do a load of diapers, lug all the clean stuff up the stairs, by which point I will be too pooped to do anything else for the rest of the day. Meanwhile the kids will just add to the mess that I don't have the energy or waistline to bend over and pick up.

Wish I had some Christmas spirit/peace. Maybe Santa will clean my house for Christmas. That would be freakin' awesome!

2 comments:

FloridaWife said...

"I keep wishing some other adult in this house would take responsibility for helping pick up around here." Ha! That's all I can say right now.
Hope you get some help soon!!!

Mathochist said...

I actually got quite a bit of help cleaning up yesterday for today's birthday party, from both of them. And from both kids, too. I doubt I will get much more, or anything on a consistent basis (which is what I really was griping about)... but am grateful for what they did do!