Sammy taking his betrothed for a ride.
This is Rachel's Foreign Exchange Brother Felix, from Germany. He has to go home in a week. We were glad to get to see him again before he left. In fact, he was the reason for the trip. Jeff took him fishing and shooting, and to the top of Pike's Peak.
Katie enjoyed playing airplane between her daddy and her parrain.
Rachel and Sammy had a blast playing with each other in the back jungle... er, I mean yard.
Other things we did this weekend:
- Went to the park
- Went shopping for ice skating dresses for Rachel
- Rachel let me be practice being her teacher on a couple of the lessons she had to finish up for the school year
- Rode horses at the Air Force Academy stables (Sammy nearly fell asleep on his pony!)
- Ate a pretty darn good, reasonably healthy gumbo
- We girls (Robyn, Rachel, Katie and I) went to Zachary's big sister Haley's ballet recital, and out for chocolate fondue afterwards.