My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Our fridge went out

I should have seen this coming, yesterday, when I opened the freezer door, and my feet got rained on. But I thought it was just because Sammy was looking for something to eat and didn't close the door all the way.

This evening when I checked on it, about 1/3 of the items in there were completely defrosted. We were able to fit them in an ice chest, and transfer the still-frozen items to the freezer in the garage. And then I noticed that the things in the fridge were suspicously cool, instead of cold. Apparently the way this fridge works is to pump some of the cold air from the freezer into the fridge. (Perhaps they all work like that... This is not my area of expertise.)

We were super lucky in that our friends Kerry and Mike had a spare, and were conveniently borrowing our truck to tow their trailer full of the rest of their stuff from their old house, so it was very easy for Mike to bring it over.

I was amazed at how calm I have stayed about the whole ordeal. I think it was because I read Marie's post from this morning. In particular, the part that goes
...worrying and distressing yourself is your will for yourself, not God's will for you... You are on the straight path to heaven. ...as long as you stay on the path, there is nothing, nothing, that should have the power to upset you.

And, of course, the upside of the freezer going out is, if the ice cream is already mostly melted, you might as well go ahead and finish it off!


And one more, for Mama's little Ham, who now knows when the camera is out, you're supposed to get in front of it and say "my-yule!"

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm so glad the fridge worked out for you...God-incidences are great! :)

I love that look on Katie's face...I can see a more grown up girl in her eyes, which is exciting and very sad all at the same time!

Sharon said...

Sorry about the fridge going out but made for some very cute pictures of the kids. Those are adorable.