My how time flies!

DaisypathAnniversary Years TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prayer Request

Please join me in prayer for my nephew TJ, his wife Ellen, and their new baby Aiden. Aiden was born last night around 8:30 via C-section. He weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces. Some within a couple hours of his birth, he was put in the NICU. These are all the details I have:

He has fluid around his lungs, preventing them from fully expanding, so he is being kept in an oxygen-rich atmosphere. Ellen won't be able to hold him to nurse for at day or two more, but is pumping breast milk for the bottles for him, so she'll be ready when he is.


I don't know what kind of Neanderthal hospital they're in that doesn't realize babies who are separated from their mothers experience stress levels equivalent to babies in serious pain! Or whether Ellen has a good lactation consultant to let her know she should be pumping every 2-3 hours.

Let's all pray that Aiden will be breathing normally ASAP so they can all be together as they should be.

3 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

We spent 18 days in the NICU. Worse 18 days of my life.

I'll definitely be praying for her.

Marie said...

Prayers going up...,

Mathochist said...

Thanks for the prayers. When I talked to T yesterday afternoon, he said they'd already been able to lower the oxygen level in the tent from 100% (when they started) to 40%. So I am hoping he'll be able to come out of there today.